Meat lovers, this one’s for you...
Green Coast Lager Braised Steak
- Olive oil
- 1 x 2/3kg piece of Sirloin
- 1 tsp Sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Salt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Eschalot
- 6 sprigs Thyme
- 1 tsp Paprika Red pepper flakes
- 1 can Green Coast Lager
(Optional) Herb & Eschalot dressing: Basil Flat leaf parsley Garlic Lemon juice Eschalot.
- Slice eschalot. Pick leaves from thyme.
- Combine all other ingredients (adding beer last).
- Marinate whole steak, ensuring it’s well-covered. Marinate for 3 to 24 hours - overnight preferred.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Scrape marinade off Sirloin. Pat steak dry. Season with salt & pepper.
- Grill for 3-5 mins per side, turning once (may need more depending on thickness of Sirloin).
- Remove from grill and rest, cover with foil for 10 – 15 mins. Whilst resting, prepare Herb & Eschalot dressing.
- Slice portion size pieces for serving.
(Optional) Herb & Eschalot dressing:
- Finely chop all ingredients
- Add olive oil Lemon juice to taste Garlic Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve in tray or pan as one piece with sliced portions drizzled with Herb & Eschalot dressing.