Green Coast Lager
- 6 racks baby back ribs
- Rub mix
- 1 cup dry malt extract. *note – we used a mix of Karrared, we use in our Jasper Ale & Carafa2, we use in our Stone brew.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Spice mix – increase amounts if needed
- Handful Salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon spoon chili powder
- Big pinch cinnamon.
Lager BBQ sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can of Green Coast Lager
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon regular paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you want more kick)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar; packed
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Whisk all ingredients in a saucepan and turn heat to medium, bringing sauce to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine dry rub ingredients in a bowl
- Combine dry malt extract and brown sugar with fingers to prevent clumping
- Combine with dry rub
- Heat grill to a low to medium heat
- Lay out large pieces of foil, large enough to wrap the ribs – 2 racks per piece.
- Lay ribs onto foil and rub with dry rub ingredients – rub in well – wrap in foil
- Place wrapped ribs on grill and cover with hood
- Cook for 1.5 hour turning every 30 mins – not breaking foil
- In the meantime, prepare the Lager BBQ sauce
- Remove ribs from grill and gently remove from foil.
- Replace back to grill and begin basting with BBQ sauce.
- Baste continually for another hour turning gently twice only
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.