Pacific Ale & Seafood = The perfect combo. Try this easy ceviche recipe perfect for those warm days and evenings with cold Pacific Ale.
Pacific Ale Cevichè
Citrus Cured Prawns, Crab, Kingfish & Tuna
The Original Pacific Ale
- 450g raw prawns, peeled & deveined
- 170g crab meat
- 150g raw salmon
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 1.5 cups Pacific Ale
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- 1 cup yellow capsicum, diced
- 1 cup red capsicum, diced
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin, toasted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cut the prawns in half lengthwise.
- In a bowl, combine the prawns, salmon lime juice, beer, and salt.
- Mix well and chill for 60–90 minutes to cure the seafood. While the seafood is curing, combine the remaining ingredients, mix well, and chill until needed. The prawns will be bright white and firm once cured. Salmon may have also changed in colour, this is the natural acidity of the cure.
- Drain the liquid from the prawns (reserving ½ cup).
- Combine the reserved crab meat/salad mixture with the seafood, add the reserved curing liquid, and mix well.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.